This page will be updated as new information becomes available.
This information is current as of , 2021
- On April 1, the State will expand vaccine eligibility to include those aged 50+ and then on April 15, to include everyone aged 16 years and older.
- The entire child care and education workforce can schedule appointments through the site: https://myturn.ca.gov/. Check back often as availability changes frequently.
- If you are part of the San Mateo County Child Care Workforce and a Kaiser member, vaccination appointments are being accepted when available. Click this link: https://sanmateo4cs.org/…/KP_Childcare-Vaccination-002.pdf for instructions about making an appointment. Saturday and Sunday clinics are available.
- Stanford Health Care is offering vaccines to those at risk of exposure through their work in education and childcare. Visit their website or call 650-498-9000 to make an appointment.
- San Mateo County began Tier 1b eligibility, including child care and K12, on February 22nd, though appointments may be difficult to make due to a vaccine shortage. Please click here for the announcement from SMC Health.
- The majority of people in San Mateo County will be vaccinated by their primary health care provider. Contact your health care provider for the most accurate and up to date information about when and how you can expect to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- SMC Health will be providing vaccinations to those without health insurance or another connection to the vaccine.
- When SMC Health is able to hold mass vaccination clinics and while vaccine supply is still limited, the Prioritization Plan developed by the COVID-19 Child Care Response Team, will be utilized and is available here.
- Ravenswood Family Health Center in East Palo Alto serves any resident in East Palo Alto, Belle Haven and North Fair Oaks on Saturdays (even if they aren’t patients of the clinic)
- 4Cs and our partners (see below) are working closely with SMC Health to ensure that we have the most-up-to-date information available and that early care and education providers are prioritized as highly as possible to receive the vaccination.
- In addition to this web-page, 4Cs will be utilizing social media and will directly email providers when the vaccine becomes available for the field. If you are not in 4Cs’ database, or are unsure, please send your contact information to Covidvaccineinfo@sanmateo4cs.org so that we can send you vaccine information.
- You can also sign up for the County’s notification tool to receive notification when the State makes you eligible and information about how you may get an appointment. This notification system is meant as an interim strategy as the State of California assembles a statewide COVID-19 vaccine notification system called MyTurn, which will offer online appointment scheduling for our area soon.
SMC Child Care Vaccine Town Hall – February 24, 2021
Presentation slides can be found here.
The video can be found here.