Families know the needs of their child best – making you the best advocate of important topics and community issues. 4Cs works to support you in using your voice for kids in San Mateo County. Here are some ways to stay informed and speak up for kids.
Parent Voices Program
4Cs convenes and supports parents through the Parents Voices program, a state-wide, grass-roots initiative to improve access to child care for all families in their communities, in California, and in the United States. Parent Voices combines leadership development, advocacy, and community organizing in its efforts to increase funding, improve quality, and provide better access to child care. Please contact us at (650) 517-1400 for more information on how you can get involved.
All Children Together
All Children Together promotes the inclusion of people with disabilities in our community through the use of respectful language for people with special needs and disabilities.
Tips & Messaging
Legislators need to hear directly from families about childcare issues. Look for updates on our news and events page for opportunities to contact legislators directly on current issues.
Tips to Speak Up for Kids
- Tell your story. How has 4Cs helped your child and family?
- Become familiar with research and trends about quality early learning and stories that demonstrate the needs of families and early educators in San Mateo County.
- Demonstrate support of community partnerships, like Build Up For San Mateo County’s Children and Quality Counts San Mateo County.
- Participate in and talk about Parent Voices and other community engagement groups you belong to.
Messages Parents Can Use
- 4Cs of San Mateo County help all of our children and communities thrive, because access to high quality early care and education is important for my success as a parent and the success of our community.
- 4Cs is an important investment in my child, our county, and we want you to be a part of it.