- Become familiar with the mathematics foundation and curriculum framework with an emphasis on the Geometry strand
- Understand how the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards relate to the mathematics foundation
- Discover the research behind the practice
- Explore strategies to make geometry come to life in the classroom
- Plan for taking it back to their classroom
The afternoon portion of the day will be a Make and Take session where participants will have the opportunity to create resources they can take back to their classrooms!
Simultaneous Spanish interpretation will be provided.
The content of this training is linked to the CA Preschool Learning Foundations and Frameworks (Volume 1); Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS); and Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP-2010).
We recommend that you bring your own copy of the “California Preschool Learning Foundations” and “Curriculum Framework, Volume 1” to this training.
Note: in the Pine, Oak, Laurel & Eucalyptus Rooms
Registration deadline: March 28