1. Toprovide healthier, calmer learning settings for youn children.
2. To attract client families
3. To provide supprtive, functional spaces that teachers enjoy
Kathy Tama, authour of the Early Learning Facilitis Quality Checklist & Guide
Kristen Anderson, Child Care Partnership Council of SMC, Facilities Committee
Participants should complete and bring at least the short “Checklist” version. The Checklist and Guide are available, on the 4Cs website, in fillable pdf format for ease of use: https://sanmateo4cs.org/providers/provider-resources/
Topics will include:
1. How to identify “easy fixes” to improve envirnoments, including rearranging, repurposing, and enhancing existing space & materials.
2. How to prioritize changes you want to make and create short and long term plans
3. How to avoid facility “emergencies” resulting from deferred maintanance
4. How to find resources to make changes and sources of recommended products
*Optional Morning Session with Kathy Tama
10:30 am-noon, Tuesday, April 24
Participants who complete at least 10 sections of the longer “Guide” can ask questions about their results and discuss problem areas.